I have been thinking about this for quite awhile and now I am finally taking the time to put it in writing.  My husband was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis 2 ½  to 3 years ago. 

He began having many problems in December 2002.  We began the Protocol June 20, 2003.  I would like to give you my point of view of how things have been going.  I have seen several improvements in my husband since June.  I will try to make these descriptions brief and to the point however, I feel like there are so many things I want to say.

1.      Depression - All I can say is that the depression has lifted.  I am sure anyone with MS can understand better than I how difficult the disease is to live with. However, my husband's spirits have been lifted.  I think this maybe because we have made the commitment to do what we can about his MS (The Protocol) and we are seeing positive results.  Depression is so draining on the person going through it and the people close to them.  It is so nice to have my fun loving husband back.  The spirit in our house now is a blessing to come home to.

2.      Sleeplessness -  My husband has had many sleepless nights.  Sometimes he just could not get comfortable, other times his body would just not fall asleep.  He would be so exhausted and his body screaming for rest, but no rest would come.  He is now falling asleep and is able to get comfortable at night.  I think being able to get rest has helped with the depression. These nights of sleep have come without the help of his pharmaceuticals that he was taking.

 3.      Fatigue - Anyone with MS probably cringes at that word.  This is a fatigue that no healthy person could possible understand.  My husband's fatigue has planted itself in his legs.  He has told me that his legs feel like he has ran a marathon and this would be first thing in the morning when he just got out of bed.  My husband is a teacher, he was having to take the elevator instead of the stairs to get to his classroom.  He was also having to sit down and teach during the day because he could not stand for any extended period of time.  His legs would just get tired out so quickly. Tasks that used to be easy, such as mowing, became difficult.  We have just moved recently and I am amazed at how much he did during that time.  He helped with lifting and moving the day we moved in.  The next day I came home from work and he had the garage organized.  I am not talking about just things sitting in the garage.  He had unpacked the garage items, installed hooks in the garage (with several trips to the Wal-Mart for the needed supplies) and then lifted and hung the items on the hooks.  This from a man who could not stand all day to teach.  That whole week he would be busy unpacking and organizing. 

I remember our first Friday in the house, we got up early and worked all day at unpacking so that we could be finished.  Troy did this all day with me.  He had to rest a few times, however, once again, this from a man who was not able to stand up and teach all day.  There are still a lot of improvements that need to be made with his fatigued legs. However, this improvement has come with only being on The Protocol for two months.  I have wonderful visions of what it will be like after a year commitment.

Karen Langos